Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rooibos infused Cupcakes

So I found this recipe recently for green tea infused sauce and then I went crazy and looked up all these recipes AND CAME up with a million ideas for CERTAIN FLAVOURED TEAS INFUSING CERTAIN FOODS like tofu, chicken, fruits and icing. ANYWAY I got over that and realised on Saturday I had committed myself to making a plate for some rare family gathering I decided to attend. THAT WAS MY CHANCE TO UTILISE A TEA INFUSED FOOD recipe and I did so. ROOIBOS, HONEY & CARAMEL cupcakes. The honey as the sweetener goes so well with the rooibos tea and the rooibos tea really makes the icing. HERE'S a link to the recipe... http://dailydoseoffresh.wordpress.com/2012/02/05/rooibos-honey-caramel-cupcakes/ I don't have any pictures of the cakes I made because they were so good EVERYONE ATE THEM. AKA my phone broke. So I'll just use a piccie from the blog I got it off. Can I do that? OKAY I WON'T. I think mine turned out well because I actually followed the recipe pretty accurately, until I got to the icing and couldn't be bothered waiting for the butter to cool and so it just looked like CELLULITE.
I LIKE MY ROOIBOS TEA STROOOONG

1 comment:

  1. I only found this blog after reading Julia's reviews on UrbanSpoon, I wish we were friends, you seem really cool.

    ReplyDelete