Friday, February 3, 2012

Satay Sauce

I HAVE 2 recipes for DELECTABLE SATAY SAUCE which makes everything taste yummy.

RECIPE UNO...
This is the easy one.
All you need to do is mix peanut butter (I LIKE TO USE 100% PEANUT PEANUT BUTTER), sweet chilli sauce (less sweet chilli than peanut butter) and finally some cocnut milk until it's a desirable consistency or flavour.

RECIPE TWO...
This one is from a cook book I bought in Vietnam thanks to a lovely fellow tour member who lent me her DONG. Except I changed it a bit, omitted water, sugar and used less oil. I also kept the lemongrass in the sauce, where as in the first recipe the garlic is pan fried with the lemongrass and then it's thrown out. I also don't pan fry anything. IT STILL TASTES GOOD.

Ingredients:
0.5 - 1 tablespoon of olive oil, honestly I just add it until it becomes as oily as I like but I wouldn't use any more than a tablespoon.
1.5 tablespoons crushed lemongrass
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon soy sauce, I used low salt soy
2 tablespoons NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER Coconut milk – to your liking
AND MIX IT ALL TOGETHER.  




Serve with ANYTHING... HERE ^ we have served it with A RICE BURGER.


2 comments: